Thursday, 5 July 2012

Thankful Thursday....

Wow, nothing for a year and then two posts come along at once. It's like the London buses, I hear you cry!

Well, I was inspired to post this morning 'just because', and then remembered just now that it's Thursday and that my good friend Amy started up a 'Thankful Thursday' theme for blog posts last year, which I thought was a great idea. (You can read her blog at Embrace Diabetes - do have a look, it's a good one.)  Anyway, I think it's really not a bad thing to remind myself on a regular basis that I have so much to be thankful for. And seeing as I have started this blog up again, I thought I'd strike while the iron is hot (and the kids are out with Jenny and it's peaceful at home). So here it is. A short one, as I have to get on with some work, but from the heart.

As many of you reading this will know, about 2 months ago we moved from a condo apartment with no outside space, where we'd been living since we came to Singapore 6 years ago, to a house with a garden. To cut a long story short, it was the best move we have ever made. I really believe it was meant to happen. A whole load of things just fell into place, and here we are. We have a garden, a BBQ, outside furniture, a trampoline and a basketball hoop (yes, it's the little things). We have more space inside and the kids have their own rooms now (since there is a converted balcony that I can now use as an office). Jenny (our helper) has a much bigger room and a proper bathroom. Our kitchen is huge and airy, and we have a pantry. We have a linen cupboard! We have a big balcony at the front where the kids can do arts and crafts and painting, even in the rain. We are right next to the jungle at MacRitchie Reservoir - it's literally a 30-second walk to the trail, where I go running. It's in a lovely quiet location away from main roads and traffic - you wouldn't think you were in a city. Unbelievably, it's cheaper than our old place. And there are the monkeys! We can dine out on monkey stories for months to come even though we only moved in during April! I love it, and I am so thankful that everything worked out so that we could move here. There's still work to do (my office, mainly! ....and some pictures to hang) but it's a real family home already and I hope we can stay here for at least the next few years. We couldn't be happier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.