It's been a while since I blogged. Getting on for a year, I think! Maybe because I had expectations of this blog that were too high. So I haven't made the time to really sit down and write.
Well, I still want to write, as in really WRITE. I want to put together posts that are worth reading, well-written and meaningful, posts that really SAY something about me, my life, my family, my beliefs and how I am feeling. I have three posts started and saved in draft form that I haven't had time to finish writing! But those real writing sessions aren't going to happen very often, I suspect. So, just to 'keep in touch', I'm going to try and just post little bits, a bit more often. The updates won't be anything earth-shattering but maybe someone will enjoy reading them and they'll help me sort out what's going on in my life, unravel some of the threads and remember some of the lovely moments that I will regret not recording, even if they are only recorded quickly, in the future.
Like this morning....I went to edit my FB status and it turned into a series of ramblings.....aimless musings. I looked at it and thought....that's too long! So that's why I'm here now. I opened up this page for the first time in a year or so, wrote all of the above and now I'm going to post about my morning. Then I'm going to close it down, get on with today and maybe post something else in a day or two....and then again a day or two after that.....and when I have time, in a week or two, I will pick up on one of the threads that I started writing about last year.....and it'll turn into something really worth reading :)
Well, this morning...I woke up feeling tired (worked till 1am, heavy rain and storms all night so I didn't sleep well) and dispirited (bad bedtime battle with Josh, depressed hubby, persistent high BG for Isabel all night and unnecessary needling from a fellow translator about my English grammar in a forum question I asked. Why would someone do that? Just so that she could look clever, I guess. That really wound me up!) Add a touch of PMS into the mix and you get the picture.
I took Bob to work, came home, had a coffee and a bacon sarnie and grabbed my running shoes. Within 3 steps, literally, my mood lifted! Awesome (if slow) run - 6km in cool post-storm fresh air and the rain started again halfway back - whoooo-hooo! I love running in the rain - it's one of the best things about living in Singapore. And running in the jungle in the rain is even better - so cool, fresh and quiet.
I got back in a torrential downpour to really excited kids because there was a 'waterfall' in the garden (one of the storm drains!) Juiced 1/2 a pomelo and 2 kiwi fruit in the juicer and had a hot shower. There is NOTHING like freshly squeezed, ice-cold juice with sparkling water after a run, followed by a shower....a cool shower on a hot day, and a HOT shower on a day like today. I don't get to enjoy a hot shower very often - most of the time a cool shower is more pleasant. But today is definitely a HOT shower day :)
Well, it's still raining. The Elba technician just left - he can't repair the cooker hob so it looks like we will have to have a new one. The landlord came round and they discussed it at length in Mandarin (I really MUST do something about Mandarin lessons) and agreed to get a replacement put in tonight. Great service from the technician - he was on time, polite, meticulous and very thorough. And our landlord is great - so helpful and friendly. I am so happy that we made the move to this place :)
So.....the plan for today was to go for lunch at the Marina Bay Sands shopping mall in the food court, and a walk in the newly opened Gardens By The Bay. But the munchkins are playing happily upstairs (Isabel is still in her nightie) and the rain is coming down in torrents. Thunder is rumbling, lightning is flashing and the weather radar map is one big blob of bright red and orange (storms!) So perhaps we will stick around here and I'll spend the day working. And maybe finally do something about arranging Mandarin lessons. Watch this space - that is definitely something I will blog about!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.